Our Family will soon be entering our seventh year using the Classical Conversations Program. In the lower grades, this includes memory work covering English Grammar, Geography, Latin, Math, Science, History, and a timeline of world events from the dawn of time to the present. In addition to our CC Memory work, our family likes to add some extra memory work. We can do this easily using music – I don’t push the kids to memorize it, I just play it around the house and in the car, and they naturally absorb it.
Some things we have added in the past, or continue to add are these:
- Memorizing a whole book of the Bible (like Colossians)
- Westminster Shorter Catechism (Musical CD’s)
- Biblical Greek (Check out THIS POST, we have also used this resource with good luck!)
- Lyrical Life Science (CC Recommended for Cycle 3! – Musical CD & Workbook)
- Geography Songs (These are GREAT!!! – multi-tasks with mapping! – Musical CD)
- U.S. History Songs (we liked these and listened to them for fun – Musical CD)
- Math Songs (Same company as the two above – Musical CD)
- Latin Vocabulary Flashcards
These are just a few of the resources we use! CHECK OUT THIS POST for more info!
Does your family add memory work in? If so, what do you add?